Another Brick in the Wall?

Another Brick in the Wall?
Powered by Blogger.

http://homeschoolers.org/, The go to site for home schooling in Minnesota!

I highly recommend if you are dealing with a horrible school corporation, like the Rochester Public Schools - Independent School District #535, do yourself a favor and look at other great and empowering options like K12.com or after much research like we did, go to a killer website like http://homeschoolers.org/, the awesome site we have for home schooling resources here in Minnesota and get away from those who don't have your kids best interests at heart.
English: A stylized delta shield, based on the...
English: A stylized delta shield, based on the Star Trek logo. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


Plus, you can remove the indoctrination element that we saw first hand at the local schools. Many of my son's teachers at his former school, Mayo High, were pushing and trying to influence their Catholic and heavily Republican politics view on my son.
I also heard horribly wrong racial references to historic events, so the open teaching of racism and the denial of African American's importance in historical events like the Civil War and WW2, is alive and well in the local schools.
The whole "Rosa Parks" story my young daughter had told me, that her teacher had taught at Bamber Valley Elementary was so factually wrong and full of racism, that it literally took me hours to explain to her what she was taught in school was wrong and obviously taught by those who don't like Black people.

My kids have seen the movie Glory. Do know about "Japanese internment" camps and this countries horrible wrongs done to innocent American's like George Takei of legendary Star Trek fame.
We have even had discussions about corruption in politics, using Congress as a example, how a majority of votes are bought by lobbyists with deep, endless pockets.
My kids are going to learn "real" American history, taught the same way my US History teacher taught at my high school in the small town I was raised. He took our books at the beginning of the year, never taught from them and used college text, video footage and engaging exercises to make history fun.

He expressed the reality, that all of the content in today's school texts are mostly propaganda. That materials in them are pre-approved and screened, and that the victors in any conflict, always write the story or official record how things went down.
He opened my eyes that year to look beyond what you are told and made to believe and search out answers in non-conventional, non MSM ways.
6 huge corporations control almost 90% of the media in this country and they have the direct ability to push opinions, perceptions and even elections in any direction that helps them achieve the financial or social goals they prefer.
I or my better half don't watch the likes of local, CBS, FOX, CNN or MSNBC news or read any of the corporate owned websites or paper's for this very reason. I want to gather facts, balance the pro's and cons in each hand and make my own conclusions based on what is in front of me.

This is the skill set I will encourage and strengthen in the kids moving forward. I'm not going to push our biases or views on them. I'm going to do the exact opposite of what American schools do right now and let them develop their own.

If they choose to be a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Green or Independent voter, fine so be it.
If they decide late in life to be single, married, bi, gay, straight, I will not judge them and dis own them, I will love them for who they are and support their lifestyle choices.

These three kids will get to enjoy the educational freedom and growth a public school should offer, but fails to on every level.
500 people in the Rochester Public Schools - Independent School District #535, have decided that the current educational vision and environment is not safe or proper for their children.
I will gladly now push that number to 502, as our kids to us are more than a dollar sign and future robot in training

The most American thing you can do is a parent, is push back and guarantee that your kids right to a good and proper education is taken care of, even if it means you have to do it yourself!

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment